Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The prolific writer

Roy was all smile as he reads on his PC monitor
“What’s with the wide grin?”
“Well, Holly just called me a prolific writer. Can you believe that?!” Roy replied.
She did?! Why? How? When?! I mean, why would she call you that?
Roy, in a rather exasperated voice said, “Well, for your information, she mentioned it in her post about the Versatile Blogger Award and bestowed upon me honor of being one!
Vers — ver— hahaha! wahaha!
What’s funny? Why are you laughing so hard?” asked an irritated Roy

Hahaha… so — sorry.. haha… I ca – I can’t help it, wahahaha! I can’t believe you fall for those stupid memes! Hahahaha!
Look, it may be a stupid… I mean a meme, but we both know that Holly wouldn’t give me that award just for the sake of passing it on. You know that! You know she meant what she said!” Roy is now mad.
Hahaha! Yeah, I know that. Still, it’s a meme. wahahaha!
Hey! All this time, I’m trying to claim my place in this writing thing. Now, here’s an author with a reputation, giving me an affirmation that I’m doing something right, and you’re trying to hose me down?! Thanks a lot!
Oh, so sorry buddy, hehe… I just can’t help it. Okay, I’ll stop now hehe… so what does this award ask you to do now? I’m sure there is something you have to do, that’s how these memes work.
Yes there is… there are, actually,” Roy replied. “First I have to thank Holly for bestowing me the honor, which I did when I visited her blog. I have to mention seven things about me, and I have to bestow the same award to 15 other bloggers.”
Hmm… you already have the list of seven things to make a fool of yourself?
Why would I make a fool of myself? They shouldn’t necessarily be ridiculous. Maybe something out of the ordinary, but not outright stupid,” said Roy.
And what would those seven, out-of-the-ordinary things about you could be?
Well, let’s see…” Roy tried to think, “first, I still love watching cartoons, in fact I still couldn’t get enough of Looney Tunes! Second, I always talk to myself, especially when I have no one to talk too, and third, I hate telenovelas! They make mortals come back from the dead. They absolutely insult my intelligence!
Those are not out of the ordinary! Those are regular stuffs! Many grown-ups still watch cartoons, a lot of people talk to themselves, and most normal people hates telenovelas! Come on, be more creative man!
Okay, how’s this?” continued Roy, “I still have this fear of the thunder, especially when it’s followed by a sharp crackling sound of lightning. Reminds me of the darks days of the Pinatubo.
Getting better, proceed please. You have three more to go.”
I don’t really like accounting, and until now I still don’t understand why I took the course!
NORMAL! Surprise me with your last two
A slice of banana cake would always satiate me anytime, especially when it’s accompanied by black coffee
Ho-huum…. Boring! Last chance
At this very moment, I am actually nursing a broken heart.”
You don’t say! Really, tell me about it. Come on, come on.
Oh, stop acting silly, as if you don’t know. Shall we proceed?” said Roy
Okay, now you should pass the award to 15 other people. Are you up to it?
Gee, actually I am not,” quipped Roy. “I haven’t really been going around lately. I know three versatile writers but I don’t think they are accepting memes – Jena is busy shepherding the Clin Chem Bloggers, Zorlone is currently Lost in Phonpei, and I don’t really think he wants to find his way back. He seems to be enjoying himself. And Jan… Jan isn’t really writing lately, and I dare not ask what he does to exhale at present.”
So, that means you’re not going to pass that award right now?
Well, if those three I mentioned are willing to accept, I will be more than glad. Otherwise, I really wouldn’t pass it, not at this time, at least. I hope I don’t disappoint Holly,” said Roy.
Oh don’t worry. It will take more than ignoring an award task to disappoint that woman… err I mean, lady.”
Just then, Roy’s daughter, Angel walked out of her room, “Daddy, who were you talking to?” she asked.
Oh! No one, sweetheart. I was just… I was just… just talking to myself,” replied Roy with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment